I quit Wordle last year and when someone asked me why, I didn't think before saying, "Connections is superior word-play."
Well.
Apparently, Wordle heard me? Because, sentient? Because AI? Because I'm paranoid? Because, when I recently resumed play, I noticed Wordle was unusually difficult, like it was AWARE of my unpremeditated (yet accurate) SMEAR and had received an ALERT. Despite Google's pledge otherwise, (sure, Jan) we all know our phones are listening to us, right?
Okay yes I sound a bit paranoid but consider how many five letter words support my (admittedly pea-brain) hypothesus: FISHY, SHADY, CAGEY, using GUILE to play DIRTY. Well Wordle, if you have indeed evolved, become sentient, or AI sophisticated, I bet you can't "hear" this, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ nor can you unscramble this:⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 😏😉

Take that Wordle! lol, definitely listening.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely, ha.
DeleteHahahahaha, oh, you're definitely on Wordle's shit list now, buddy!
ReplyDeleteYup, ha.
DeletePshaw. I play both! (Connections IS far superior.)
ReplyDeleteNo judging, but yes, that IS correct, ha.
DeleteJeepers! A puzzle flippin' the bird?! Linda in Kansas
ReplyDeleteHa, it seemed glaring to me, and hilarious.
DeleteI abhor any type of Wordle puzzle. Give me my Words With Friends and crosswords any day.
ReplyDeleteCrosswords are indeed excellent.
DeleteI am playing Wordle again after a long break. I play connections, but find some of the connections to be pretty far fetched. I also play Letter boxed and on occasion, Spelling bee.
ReplyDeleteTruly, I have nothing against either game, but the shape struck me as funny, ha.
DeleteAll the electronics are listening to us. I stopped playing Wordle a while back.
ReplyDeleteI once listened to a podcast about the truth regarding this issue, and I remain somewhat skeptical. It basically revealed that electronics are "listening" for trigger words, ex: Hey, Siri. Hmm....
DeleteSounds like you could be classified as a traitor and now an investigation could be warranted. :)
ReplyDeleteI suspect the investigation has already commenced, ha.
DeleteI <3 both Wordle and Connections. Not sure about some of the words, like ASPIC, which feels hostile somehow. I also play Strands, though I don’t care as much about that one. Have you tried WAFFLE? I like both that and their WAFFLE Number game, which is Sudoku adjacent.
ReplyDeleteThey're all fun. I just like to jest.
DeleteMy wife, daughter and I share Wordle results each morning. It’s a connection. Spring of which, I think they also play Connections but I don’t. We all play other games, but we don’t share those, just Wordle. I do play sudoku but no one else seems to.
ReplyDeleteYes, I love the connecting aspect too. My son and I share the connections games daily. He has no idea what this means to me.
DeleteI don't like Wordle (Is that heresy?) or crosswords or quizzes, but I do like Sudoku and Polygon
ReplyDeleteAbsolute heresy, ha. Be careful, Wordle is listening. ;)
Delete...each morning my Sweetie does Wordle while I work on my Blog!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a healthy relationship to me. Well done.
DeleteI play both Wordle and Connections daily, also Strands, the Midi crossword, and Pips. Connections is certainly more challenging than Wordle but I sometimes get annoyed with it, as I think it occasionally gets tricky for tricky’s sake or verges on very weak connections. (Like, dare I say, pjs?) But that’s just me. I love it best when it forces us to recognize rarely applied usages of words. Pips isn’t a word game. It’s a logic puzzle using domino cards. The hard version can be quite absorbing. Strands is just soothing.
ReplyDeleteYes, PJs is basically phoning it in. Sigh. You are absolutely right about soothing...who doesn't need various daily versions of that these days?
DeleteI used to enjoy wordle, then I became too challenging/annoying so haven't done it in a while........
ReplyDeleteI became tired of it too.
DeleteI don't play this but I would agree with our phones listening to us, so many times B and I have talked about something and then we get ads for it on fb.
ReplyDeleteI'm not on social media but I hear this from many people.
DeleteI play Wordle every morning, but I get to about 6 or 7 right, then it thumps me back to start again, not fair!
ReplyDeleteIt's a good brain exercise method.
DeleteThat is hilarious!
ReplyDeleteIt made me chuckle too, ha.
Delete::SNORT::: is also a five letter word. :)
ReplyDeleteI play a bunch of them. Wordle, Quordle, Pilfer, Connections etc. And Tightrope Trivia every day, too. Strands. Supposedly good for my brain, but I do it 'cause it's fun.
SNORT is kind of your signature word, lol. Another 5 letter word? ENJOY. Insert fist bump here.
DeleteIt won't take swear words. My son-in-law, who is a biologist, for goodness' sake, beats me regularly at Wordle. And my only saving grace is an ability to spell.
ReplyDeleteHaha, it should take swear words.
DeleteI used to play wordle all the time but just stopped. No reason. Maybe it’s time to try it again.
ReplyDeleteI needed a break too, and I doubt if I'll be a regular user again.
DeleteWordle definitely took notes and chose VIOLENCE for your comeback tour!
ReplyDeleteThe row of black squares at the end sent me—pure defiance. You might be onto something with Connections being superior, but clearly the Wordle AI isn’t going down without a fight!
Yes, definitely chose violence and the fight continues, despite my "scram."
DeleteI'm hooked on all the puzzles and today got wordle in two! (That doesn't happen often.)
ReplyDeleteMy grandfather did newspaper puzzles throughout my youth and I've been hooked since then too. They are a healthy bit of brain exercise, iyam.
DeleteBtw, I got todays wordle FIRST TRY which makes me wonder if my joke about wordle messing with me has even more merit, ha.