![]() |
| I like to make up words. |
Think of those fun people with whom you just click like long lost friends but after 35 minutes of blathering in the grocery store you missed a meeting, an appointment, your kids' swim meet, your job, your newborn's birth, etc. On the flipside are those compulsive talkers with an appalling lack of self-awareness about their annoying verbosity aka talkaholism.
Dear friends, how do you halt a talkaholic?

Sometimes, I can get a word in edgewise.
ReplyDeleteIndeed, in some case, language maneuvering may be necessary.
DeleteIt depends on who the talkaholic is. Sometimes I just walk away. Sometimes I remember I have an 'errand' I need to do.
ReplyDeleteHa. I think a lot of people can relate to these strategies.
DeleteSome people who talk a lot are interesting. Some are repetitive - they're the ones I find difficult to accommodate.
ReplyDeleteYes, and to each their own...hopefully we all find someone we can jive with.
Delete...they don't understand that silence is golden.
ReplyDeleteSilence is consistently underrated, iyam.
DeleteI just pray I'm not one of those people who can't cope with a moment of silence. Most of us aren't aware we're babbling while our listener's eyes are glazing over.
ReplyDeleteDitto.
DeleteJust like Meatloaf: I pray for the end of time.
ReplyDeleteHahahahahahahhaa....well done, sir.
Delete