(Aside: Conan O'Brien says he made his own Guinness once by blending a loaf of pumpernickel bread, burying it in the backyard for six weeks, and then... he got sicker than a dog. LOL, if you've seen Guinness and watched it foam, you might also find his recipe hilariously plausible. ๐๐๐)
So, would I also recommend this tour?
It's fantastic! It's unexpectedly sensory—sights, sounds, touch, smell, and (of course) taste, and the only negative is that your nervous system may not recover from the prices in the gift shop! But the best part? Arthur's Bar on Floor 5! We visited on a Saturday so maybe we were just lucky? Because we enjoyed a 30-minute concert: trad music, Irish dancing, a harpist. Fantastic!
After we met some fun Americans on a "divorce holiday" lol, I snapped this photo in-between drinks (3 pints ftw) at the Gravity Bar on Floor 7. I describe this mural as "3-D glasses-inspired" and there are several in and outside the storehouse; google tells me the talented artist is a Dubliner named Aches. (I'd call him the new Chuck Close.)
Anyway, dear friends, a pea-brain multiple choice question for you: does this mural depict
a. musician Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart?
b. entrepreneur founder Arthur Guinness?
c. the vision of someone who's consumed too many Guinness?
d. who cares? Slรกinte!๐บ

What a great end to your trip, and to answer your multiple choice question I would pick D.
ReplyDeleteYes, Dublin is the craic. Ha, you can't go wrong with d.
DeleteI'd go with a, no, b, no, c - alright, d. It sounds as though you had a wonderful time.
ReplyDeleteThank you! Ha, no wrong answers here.
Delete