Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Sometimes (word-of-the-day edition)

source
Sometimes I don't have a lot of energy or drive. So I muster some and when I'm not paying attention to the challenge so much, things change.

Sometimes I want long term change and I remind myself that things won't change until I muster some long term motivation. And persevere.

Sometimes I count and recount each failure attempted but then I shake that away and muster fake courage and then I'm not faking anymore.

Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by how many things I have to do and be and remember and become and then I recognize my ego whining and I muster enough humility to laugh at my foolish self.

Sometimes there is not enough time so I muster within me that inner reminder that I could take eight hours to do what I need to do but if I take only eighty minutes instead it will likely be fine that way too.

Sometimes life feels like this and then I realize I need to muster more patience. (If you didn't have enough patience to click that link, no worries; I muster no judgment.)

Sometimes I'm amazed what I can muster up when someone asks me for help and I am always surprised by their appreciation for my efforts because it really was less of a gift for them than it turns out to be for me.

Sometimes I must muster the beauty and softness of this musterwonderful world to counter inevitable and harsh things I will never circumvent.

Sometimes I think about people I admire, people with endurance and tenacity and determination and so I siphon someone else's mustering.

Sometimes I muster muster.

5 comments:

CLR said...

I needed this today. This moment. I needed to muster this to get to the next.

thank you

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I just mutter.

Vinny C said...

As coincidence would have it, I'm feeling like mustering some muster today.

Al Penwasser said...

Sometimes...I'd like a ladder that didn't move like a cooked strand of spaghetti. I'm sick of falling down all the time.

Claire Beynon said...

You're the Best, dbs. Thanks for this.

I now have a whole new attitude to - and relationship with - mustering.

Yes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...