Sunday, September 4, 2011

Cornucopi-uh-huh

Apple Dunne [doon-eh].
It tastes better than it looks.
(I'm not much of a food stylist.)
Thank you Alistair!

I haven't deep fried chocolate bars yet but thanks to my long lost Scottish brother from another mother, I now know how to create dunne

Delicious.

Oh yeah. Uh huh. I am now the king of my kitchen bitches.

Just one problem: the recipe only used six apples.






#mywifemademeaddtwoteaspoonsofsugar
#mysonsaysthisisthebestthingheevertasted
#ifitsnotscottishitscrap
#nohaggiswasharmedinthemakingofthisdessert
#westillhaveashitloadofapples

7 comments:

Alittlesprite said...

WOO! looks super yummy!
As for the rest of the apples?.. just make one every day..hehee...

Alistair said...

Make a pile. Invite some friends!

Glad you liked them.

Great simple tiege [pastry} eh?

Selina Kingston said...

Aren't you the clever one? We had apple crumble on Saturday, I made a chocolate apple cake yesterday and today I might just try this but like, you, that still leaves me with two boxes of apples to get through.....!!

Nubian said...

Are you willing to share the recipe?

dbs said...

@sprite I might have to do that.
@Alistair Thank you again. The pastry was simple.
@Selina I feel your pain (and my tightening waistband).
@Nubian It's Alistair's recipe. Click on the "dunne" link in the post.

Teachinfourth said...

My neighbor, Marc, makes deep-fried chocolate bars...crazy. Actually, it's a bit too much.

paulsifer42 said...

Dude, I have to make a cultural dessert for one of my classes! I need this recipe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...