So, I would like to assure readers that we were not those (eejit) tourists; we did not wander into a farmer's field or traipse across protected parkland. Instead, we just stopped to pee at a service station....
Although it's unlikely you've visited this particular gas station (near Perth, Scotland), if you do road trips at all ANYWHERE in the world, I suspect you've visited a similar gas station, one that sells EVERYTHING.
All-day breakfast? Of course. Whisky? Definitely. Underwear? Got it. Scented Candles? Yes. Vegan brownies? Yup. Feather boas? "We might be sold out." AND Highland cows fenced out back? AYE!
To use some Scottish slang (hopefully correctly), gas-station happenstance is good craic.

Highland cows are supposed to be quite peaceable. There were some in the local woods a few years ago, to clear ground of unwanted growth. I was quite nervous of them - they're big! The dogs weren't very happy either.
ReplyDeleteYes, this was my first experience with them and they are indeed, big. However, have you seen a bison? or a moose? Whoa.
DeleteWe used to run into those tourists all the time at Custer State Park. Is it wrong that I sometimes wished I were able to witness a goring firsthand?
ReplyDeleteWe all wish for a little schadenfreude here and there, ha.
DeleteThis just reminded me of the man who was chased and thrown by a bison last week in Yellowstone NP. The video down below.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjt3n6ro1Pk
I saw that! Crazy!
DeleteOnce, while visiting the Northwest Territories in Canada we saw a tourist trying to take close-up photo of a bison...let's just say it was a teachable moment for my tweens as we drove by shaking our heads.
I've seen bison and an elk. The elk shocked me at how big it was. I expected the bison to be large but for some reason I didn't think an Elk was THAT big. Silly me. I did not take selfies with them.
ReplyDeleteMost times they don't charge at least not right away, but if they stamp on your foot... you'll be in emergency. People seeking selfies think they can run faster than they can. Sigh.
DeleteI require photographic proof. :)
ReplyDelete...I love animal, particularly wild ones. I also love them from a distance!
ReplyDeleteI remember those highland cows when I was in Scotland, and how the word was pronounced "cew" or "coo".
ReplyDelete