The truth is that this small city is pleasingly walkable with pretty views along both sides of the swift-flowing River Ness, er wait...? What's forming those ripples in the water? 😉
Inverness folks were talkative, kind, and considerate and perhaps similar to those in Edinburgh, a tad pissed off by the world. How so? Somewhere in-between the Griege Street suspension bridge (iyam a bit-too-bouncy of a pedestrian bridge, built in 1880) and the bustling Victorian Market, we encountered more Scottish graffiti. Local reviews were reportedly as follows: 1/10 for artistry 😂 and 9/10 for message.✊
Say, just how much does it cost to fund a war? Sigh.🤦

Can't disagree with the sentiment. I wonder the same thing. How there's funding to kill but not to heal.
ReplyDeleteIt does invite reflection on priorities, doesn't it?
DeleteNice sentiment, but if we don't fund defence (which I think is what is meant, since we are not currently at war) we may find ourselves with no country to defend. Defence is essential.
ReplyDeleteI agree that funding defence is important. Currently it's never been more important in Canada and it's one of the reasons our current PM was elected. However, the graffiti doesn't say "defence." Without a mandate, aren't we all paying for the disastrous US conflict with Iran, Putin's expansionism, etc.?
DeleteDespite jabblog's caveat, which I endorse, I do get the sentiment, especially when applied to a certain country.
ReplyDeleteYes, it's a certain country...but it's also Russia, etc. Dictators and oligarchs suck resources from everywhere, resources that could be used elsewhere.
DeleteInverness is one of my favorite places in Scotland. I was there for about three days in 2016. It is a magical place. Maybe I feel that way because I am of Scottish heritage.
ReplyDeleteI found it magical too, especially Loch Ness (see tomorrow's post).
DeleteImagine all of the good things we could do if we didn't have to pay for defense or wars. Free daycare, health care for everyone in the world, clean drinking water for everyone in the world, education for everyone in the world, an end to starvation, I could go on, but you get where I'm going with this.
ReplyDeleteBingo, bingo, bingo.
DeleteThere always seems to be funds for war but never enough funds to help those in need.
ReplyDeleteMy sentiments too. Sigh.
Delete...I love murals and graffiti with a political message!
ReplyDeleteMe too, although I do have some concerns about defacing public spaces... allotting space seems like a better approach, iyam.
Delete