Pages

Monday, June 3, 2024

Dust

My grown son and I enjoy texting our Wordle and Canuckle scores to each other. 

We both love all things words: precision, connotation, word-play, power, etc. If you're wondering about this post's title, it's one of his favourite words and it's an apt choice for the entire narrative that is this particular wordle, including a plot twist.  

If words were people, I'd be polyamorous, but what I truly love is that my son texts me his scores, daily. Hmm, what word describes the feeling this generates? Toast

Here's hoping there's someone in your life who surprises you with toast. 

6 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Hmmm, I don't do wordle because a friend told me my spelling was so awful it would never be a game for me. So I never tried. Chicken shit? Perhaps I was/am. But I do love your toast post. I was not a reader then so thank you for the link. It spoke to me.

Anvilcloud said...

Daughter, wife and I post our Wordle scores daily. It's a way of keeping in touch and saying hello. We don't share the Mini scores, and I don't share my Sudoku, but if I get a five-star Waffle I'll let them know.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

When you make toast, do you cut the bread with YOUR NEW CHAINSAW? If not, you're just wasting an opportunity.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, my son cuts and pastes the wordle to me, this is after I zap mine to him as I am usually up earlier. His family all does Wordle and they have added another dimension, a comment if the pattern looks like something.odd. Jean

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Barb is addicted to Wordle...and Squordle and Connections daily.

Anonymous said...

37paddington: Do you also play Connections daily? And Letter Boxed? You’d love them if you love Wordle!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...