Pages

Thursday, February 1, 2024

Things that deserve the stink-eye:

this sad (Calvin & Hobbes-like) snowman.

The neighbour kidsthose adorable little Oilers fansassembled a snowman, but climate change is why we can't have nice things anymore. It was 15 degrees Celsius in parts of Alberta yesterday (!) thus, his head fell off, as did his scarf, arms, and carrot nose (zoom in).

Years ago I would have rejoiced at another Alberta chinook, but the extreme temperatures this January are unprecedented. Sigh. It neared -50 C in Alberta just two weeks ago. As I look forward to real Spring, I wonder about drought and fires and smoke. You're not alone if you too feel the climate anxiety, or solastalgia, a term new to me, but so 2020s. 

3 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

It is concerning for sure. Our winter is different than yours, but I am not over the moon about it.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The weather has been crazy, CRAY-ZEE.

37paddington said...

It’s been colder than in recent years in NYC too. But -50C sounds unsurvivable to me! I think I’d just stay indoors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...