Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Wordfuse (Comeback Edition)

Don't you hate it when someone points out your so-called "glaring" ignorance or even your mild misunderstanding? Like how was I supposed to know the Hawaiian alphabet has only 12 letters. Ok, maybe there's 13; I still haven't sorted this all out.

That's why there should be (and now is) a word that one could use as a comeback to be said quietly so as to mask that the retort is loaded with passive-aggression. Not that I'm condoning that sort of behaviour. Nobviously.

6 comments:

Nicole Leigh Shaw said...

I will add this to my vocabulary immediately.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Love it! What a great new word.

Adam said...

I actually knew the Hawaiian alphabet thing.

Anonymous said...

Hawaii has its own alphabet? Temperate weather, whale migration and an alphabet? Well, that doesn't seem fair. I'm sure Jack Johnson is behind this, somehow. Well, the good thing is, I have a lot of moments that require a word such as nobviously. Thanks for that.

neal call said...

nobviously . . . really rolls off the tongue. Also, I'm gonna start saying it to my daughter, after every little bossy thing she says to me.

CLR said...

Perfect. I shall make use soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...