Pages

Friday, October 9, 2026

No more than 12/hr.

I purchased this card (by Eat Haggis)
in Scotland this summer. :)
Home. 'Tis not so sweet for some. Sigh. But my home? The sweetest. My (long) weekend plans include 

a) nothing
b) nothing
c) nothing
d) all of the above. 

Despite the relief of no real plans, sadly, here in northwestern Alberta, it's raining, with snow forecast tonight. Sigh. So what better weekend to stay hame sweet hame?

If you noticed, I sighed twice in this post thus far. Fun (?) fact: science says that although excessive sighing is a worrisome well-being indicator, on average, we humans still sigh every 5 minutes, or 12 sighs per hour. 

That many?! I had no idea. 

And why do we sigh? It's a response to anxiety and stress. But apparently typical sighing is connected to optimum lung health and acts as a nervous system reset. Although we are encouraged to seize the day, it seems our bodies are designed to seize the peace. I like that. 

Dear friends, whether you're home or not this weekend and whatever the weather, I wish for you some contentment. In other words, slow down: no more than twelve sighs an hour. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Turkey Day to you. I love a good sigh. Actually with the new dog who showed up and decided he lived with us now (owners surrendered him, sorry if I told you that already), anyway, with the new pup I've been doing a lot of exhales when needed and it HELPS a bunch.

    Enjoy the weekend of nothing, nothing and more nothing. Those are my fave. For me this weekend I might deeeeepppp clean the kitchen. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete