Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Things that deserve the stink-eye:

Subtle, Canadian Tire, real subtle.

Canadian Tire stores have served Canadians for over 100 years now, overflowing with any sort of hardware you'd ever need. 

Well, "need" might be inaccurate word-choice. 

So why has Canadian Tire become obsessed with massive display objects and humongous lawn and garden statues? Are people really jonesing for a nearly life-sized lawn dinosaur or say, a garden astronaut? 

Canadian Tire seems to think so. And is spectacle really a lucrative marketing strategy? 

Wait a minute. I took a photo and blogged about it here. I just answered my own question, didn't I? 

*facepalm* As Spongebob would say, "all I know is fine dining and breathing." 

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hahahahahaha, gotcha!

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Anvilcloud said...

We were in there yesterday, and I didn't notice. But I don't tend to notice much. 😊

Kathy G said...

I have not, and will never be an inflatable fan.

Ed said...

When I see things like that, I tend to have visions of going rogue with a pellet gun, especially houses that display inflatable armies of figures during holidays.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...