Pages

Monday, January 1, 2018

Fave Reads 2017

Working on another degree, I do a lot of reading. I love what I'm learning and it's rewiring my brain. But it's hard work. So it means I savour taking time away from academics just to read a few stories and inhabit some spaces that catch my eye. These are the ones I loved this year.

Terrific graphic novel.
This author loves words
and their many meanings.
Also goldfish.
And how deep a
well pain can be. 
Devoured this. Felt
stronger & more
hopeful. Felt like
resistance &
persistence. Everyone
should read this.
Illustrated philosophy.
A humble artist's voice
about how to be just
"half a shade braver."
Merricat is memorable.
And it's a little scary
to let her into your head.
She lingers, both heroic
and heinous. 
Scenes in this book
still resonate with me.
Dogs' inner narratives
reveal humanity. 

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

"Fifteen Dogs" is definitely on my "to read" list. And I think they're making a movie of "We Have Always Lived in the Castle." Happy New Year!

ToBlog today said...

This is an interesting list. :)

jenny_o said...

I always enjoy recommendations for good books, so thank you. "We Have Always Lived in the Castle" is an old favourite for my mom and me. Will have to look for "Fifteen Dogs."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...