Pages

Monday, March 11, 2024

Let's be honest

When the oh-so-precious wifi craters (Gollum reference intended) and an Internet technician is unable to visit your home until after the weekend, one must pretend it's last century and make a puzzle. 

Let's be honest: puzzle-making is delightful. 

Plus, as you likely know, puzzle-making is such good exercise for our brains: visual-spatial reasoning, short-term memory and cognitive load flexing, problem-solving, concentration, flow state, stress-relief....

Dear friends, do a jigsaw puzzle; stop procrastipuzzling. (Sorry.)

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, that's a great portmanteau word!

Kathy G said...

I used to do puzzles, but have never figured out a spot in my current house where I can leave a table out.

Anvilcloud said...

After very little sleep, I will probably get to my morning puzzles shortly, but they won't be jigsaws. Maybe someday.

Pearson Report said...

I have a friend that is a puzzle junkie, and I mean seriously; she is doing puzzles all the time. She's 76 and sharp as a tack. I think puzzling is a lost past-time that really deserves a comeback. Me, I do those ridiculous 64 piece tablet puzzles...I know, lame I am. haha I also do wordle and the like, so for now I hope my brain appreciates my efforts.

37paddington said...

I just about ALWAYS have a jigsaw puzzle going. It's right there in front of me on the dining table as I work, and sometimes when I pause to think, I sort a few more pieces, or place a bit of red or blue, and it greases the thinking about work a bit, the way ideas occur to us in the shower. That's a beautiful puzzle you're doing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...