Pages

Friday, April 1, 2022

Grateful

 

Before our granddaughter was born, I asked my last Grade 9 class for advice on grandparenting. Their suggestions made me emotional and reminded me again how meaningful grandparents can be. As my granddaughter celebrates her first birthday, I wanted to share two of my favourites. I will say that my former students would be proud of me (except for the clothes...but my wife excelled at that one). Today I am grateful for youth, for my daughter and her husband, and for the opportunity to be Grandpops to one special girl

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Well, you know that old saying by grandparents -- "If I had known grandkids were so great, I'd have had them first!"

jenny_o said...

Your students had excellent advice. I love that you asked them for it. Happy Birthday to your special girl - and she will get even more interesting to be around in this, her second year. But then, you know that from having had your daughter! I think I like the two to four year stage the very best :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...