Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Along for the Ride

My education transformed and transported me. It's a common story. It's an important story too. As MLK said, "nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

Recently, both my children graduated: one from college and one from university. This was my #1 bucket list item. I've been working on this dream for 20 years. Determined, my wife and I made this happen. My children are starting their adult lives debt free. I'm grateful. I'm happy. And I'm looking forward to where it takes them next. Because I am finally going along for the ride.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What program did you use to accomplish this?

Anonymous said...

I meant, what government incentive did you use?

jenny_o said...

Congratulations to your son and daughter - and to your wife and to you! It's a big moment in all of your lives.

jenny_o said...

oops - I thought you had a boy and a girl - maybe not? I reread your post and now I don't know why I thought that - in any case, congrats to all.

DB Stewart said...

@Anon We scrimped and saved money to pay for it. Our kids worked every summer to have enough spending money. We started an RESP when they were little. We accessed every scholarship we could. They won some scholarship money through academics and participating in college sports teams. Each of my kids had one student loan their first years...this helped because it deferred interest until they were done and then we paid those loans as their graduation gifts.

DB Stewart said...

@Jenny Thanks Jenny--yes it is! (boy & girl)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Congrats to your kids and may they have much success in the working world!

It's a good thing said...

*clap*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...