Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Wow.

Chronologically, it's nearly autumn. Yet temperatures range from the high 20s to the mid 30s. This is rare where I live. There's a lot of buzzing. It's like September didn't get the memo about Fall.

Despite everything that's so so wrong with it, sometimes the world just grabs you by the lapels and turns you toward it until you lift your eyes and connect and then it whispers, pay attention pay attention to this. See the beauty? See the wonder? See the surprise? And so you do, you just absorb the everythingness just when you thought you had seen it all, just when you need it and all those things you wanted more than you could possibly have, well they fade away again and for a while you can see things as they truly are then gratitude, gratitude, gratitude.

At least for a while.

8 comments:

Adam said...

still feels like summer here

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Enjoy the beautiful weather while it lasts. You KNOW what's coming.

Sultan said...

Good post

wendy said...

Very nice. I'm ok with the warm temps as I feel like we got robbed with summer. It's ok with me if it snows ...not until end of Nov. *ha ha*
Gratitude is essential

CLR said...

I love love this post

Al Penwasser said...

20s to mid 30s.
You do mean Celsius, I hope?
I know you're in Canada, so I'm hoping you mean Celsius.
It will be 20 to 30 degrees Fahrenheit soon enough.

Claire Beynon said...

Beautiful, dbs - I love everything you say here, everything your words remind of us and invite us to. Observe. Participate. Celebrate.

Thank you.

michael.offworld said...

I've been contemplating the difference between gratitude and appreciation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...