Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What did you do this morning?

This should  probably
be bigger.
P.S. It's a poppy (in case
that wasn't obvious).
1. Wake up aka heard my son sweeping. Immediately jump from bed to go access the damage. No damage? Marvel at the world.
2. Shower.
3. Oatmeal with flax seeds. Walk.
4. Crawl inside the song in my ears: Wild West Rain by Jadea Kelly.
5. Pick and eat saskatoons on my walk.
6. Mosquitoes chew on me.
7. Reflect on karma.
8. Buy bananas.
9. Errands.
10. Enjoy looking at the river while walking across the bridge hoping that drivers don't watch me like I intend to jump because I don't although when I drive by people walking across the bridge I often have this intense heart-pump moment when I am sure they are just going to hop right over the railing. Simultaneously. And then I will know the world is ending.
11. Continue walking. Ponder my freakness.
12. Crawl inside other new songs on my iPhone: Hard Way Home by Brandi Carlisle; Charlie Boy by the Lumineers, Wake me Up by Avicii.
13. Return home to fight with my printer. It wants the password which I know but it only types letters and I NEED NUMBERS. I NEED NUMBERS. Open the testosterone valve aka punch myself in the chest plus a swear in barbaric yawp form. Calm myself. Solve the issue, can't even begin to explain how.
14. Bathroom break. Rediscover fly that moved in yesterday.
15. Swat fly directly into the garbage can.
16. *MINDBLOWN*
17. Realize that I have likely just discovered my superhero powers.
18. I MUST TELL THE INTERNET. *tweets*
19. Visualize the cover of my comic book. Shake my head at my idiot-geniusness. *clap*
20. Write.

Coming this afternoon:
21. Contact my internet provider aka die inside a little.
22. Recover.
23. Yardwork.
24. House projects.
25. Paint the flower bigger. Ponder on my struggle with self-punishing perfectionism.

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I suspect it was those saskatoons that conferred the superpowers on you. They pack a powerhouse punch!

Sultan said...

Owning a printer always leads one down a frightening path.

ToBlog today said...

Was that a lot of stuff, or it just seemed like it because I only think in tweets, and that looks like it could be a lot of tweets.

Antares Cryptos said...

You are my long-lost brother.

I have been talking to my new router for three days. No superpowers, I just want a divorce.

Ken said...

Definitely the saskatoons!

Al Penwasser said...

What did I do this morning?
Nothing yet.
And it's almost noon.
So, if you ask me in an hour, I'll say...
nothing.
I soooooo gotta go back to work.

michael.offworld said...

Read George Saunders new book of short stories (tenth of December). This could be one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...