|from Creative Commons|
I'm sure you’ve heard this before: “the second mouse gets the cheese.”
Think about that. Sure. That first mouse thought he was onto something big. And he was. Because, well, SNAP.
I’ve heard it said that second place is just the first loser but to me, that sounds like something a loser might say. (Sorry.) Maybe second place is actually something special. Some examples:
1. Having seconds = yum.
2. Second nature implies real savvy.
3. Second honeymoon? Yes please.
4. Second class? Who in their right mind would want to be part of the royal family anyway?
5. Second-guessing? The unexpected can be quite entertaining.
6. Having second thoughts? It could help prevent poor decisions.
7. Playing second-fiddle? Less stress.
8. Every second counts? Most days, yup.
9. Second chances? Where would any of us be without them?
10. Getting one’s second wind means we all have within us, a least a little bit more.
There’s another famous saying: “we all have two hands: the first is to help ourselves, the second is to help others.” Think about that too. I am.