Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Wordfuse (Visitors Edition)

testy + teetering = testeetering (verb) aka that tipping point day where visiting relatives are now well past the niceties of reuniting for the holidays and enjoying time together and more into silently counting the minutes until everyone leaves as evidenced by complaining to one's spouse using stage-whispered phrases such as "Could you believe they...?" and "I have been cooking for days...." and "their kids eat like pigs...." and "if he says that ONE MORE TIME...." Upper case letter-talk is a sure sign of escalating testeetering.

See also "testeens" stuck at home on school vacation. Sigh.

8 comments:

Pickleope said...

Testeens is perfect. Especially since it sounds like the place where they originated.
Visitors seem to always overestimate the time they'll be comfortable living in someone else's house.

triles said...

This is brillarious-brilliant and hilarious. I am right in the middle of some serious testeetering. Here's hoping I make it through without saying anything I'll regret.

Alittlesprite said...

LOL! I wish there was some polite way to ask said over-staying relatives to leave :)

Mrs4444 said...

Surely you know nothing of testeetering.... :)

Ashley and Stephanie said...

Just keep making up words like testeetering until you have fully formed your own language. I think you'll notice your relatives starting to pack up shortly thereafter

- ash

Beliza said...

I like this. My Italian friend used to say that guests are like fish: after three days they start to stink :D
Testeetering seems to describe the idea perfectly

CorvusCorax12 said...

I wish I could get to that point lol...my clan lives in Germany :).

Chris said...

I only had company for two days over the holidays, and the testeetering was rampant almost from the start.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...