Friday, July 8, 2011

Head in the Clouds

Every cloud has a silver lining?

























Yesterday, I experienced Andy Warhol's Silver Clouds exhibit at the Art Gallery of Alberta. It feels a little odd, a little off balance. Okay. Possibly a little drunk. More remarkable though was watching strangers interact with the clouds and with each other in the exhibit.

It's kind of impossible not to smile.

Why? Two reasons:
1. It's a little otherworldly.
2. Parents were yelling at their ever-increasingly hyperactive kids.

That Warhol. I think he had quite a sense of humour.

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Are you sure those aren't simply wine box foil bags filled with helium? It would explain the drunk vibe.

Alittlesprite said...

Not a Warhole fan, but the wine skins DO look interesting... LOL.

wendy said...

yes, looks a little trippy
best to go with a few drinks under your belt first.

dbs said...

@DSWS They do resemble them don't they?
@sprite You would love it.
@wendy Drinks recommended.

Core Contrarian said...

Andy Warhol's stuff reminds me of "shopping" at T.J. Maxx.

95% of the stuff, I wouldn't be caught dead in but the other 5% is kinda cool.

Nubian said...

The whole reason Andy got famous in the first place was that everyone was in Studio 54 and purple haze phase. I would love to have been the one drinking the wine for the art. ;~)

Ryan said...

He either had quite a sense of humor or he was tripping for most of his life. Hmm wonder what one it was?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...