Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Canadian Superhero

     Yup. Just call me Mike Holmes, a.k.a. the archetype for general contractors and pretty much a Canadian superhero. I fixed the hole in my roof today and it only took seven hours. (Nod to the wife and son.) And it was even Friday the 13th! And I think I actually did a good job. Seriously. If you knew me, you'd swear someone hijacked my blog, someone with skills. As I always say when it comes to any handy-man task, "I can draw it, design it, and describe it; I just can't do it." But this time, I did it!
     Well, I think I did. It hasn't rained yet.

4 comments:

Missy said...

I am proud of you! I wish I could get my DH to do some home repairs. No, no, I don't. It would be a disaster! LOL

prairiegirl said...

hehehe - I wish I had someone like Mike Holmes around to help with all the broken stuff in my house!

Sultan said...

Most impressive, the only thing that would happen if I went on my roof is that I would shortly thereafter fall off.

DB Stewart said...

@Missy Thank you. Tell your DH to check out easy2diy.com. It really helps and he might get inspired.

@prairiegirl Don't we all.

@Laoch Yes, falling off the roof is one of my big fears too, that and about 200 other things.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...