Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

What's Little Red Riding Hood got to do with it?

Did you know that Little Red Riding Hood's first name was likely Blanchette? I didn't know that. I assumed it was "Little." Although a few sources confirm this, I can't really prove it and that is precisely my point. How much do we really know about what we think we really know?

Socrates said, "The only real wisdom is knowing you know nothing."

The older I get, I wonder sometimes, why do I know less and less? Shouldn't I have the answers for everything by now instead of more questions? I just don't know what I know anymore. Can anyone ever know anything with absolute certainty?

I guess there are a few things I still know with all my heart and soul.
  1. Poutine should not be consumed by humans.
  2. Poutine is delicious.
Drat! Yet again, I've established I know nothing.

4 comments:

t i m said...

¬ zebras are black animals with white stripes

¬ zebras are white animals with black stripes

one of those must be true

i don't know that much either it seems

Jessica deMello said...

Hey there - would like to chat with you or your daughter about being on the Jann Arden show on CBC. E-mail me at jessica.demello@cbc.ca or BeingJann@cbc.ca with your full name and phone number if you are interested! Thanks!

Chelle said...

1. ^^^^^ !!!Jann Arden!!! ^^^^
2. Young & foolish people think they know it all. Then we get older and give in to the realization that we do not now, nor will we ever know anything.

Sultan said...

On some level you might say there is a direct connection between what you perceive and what you know. Improve your perceptions and thereby improve your knowledge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...